What to look for?
If you have one or more of the following unsightly symptoms, you may have a nail fungal infection that will need to be investigated:
- Yellow streaks in the skin on the nail bed and on the underside of the nail
- A build-up of pieces of skin and nail fragments under the nail
- Discoloured and thickened nail that may start to separate from the skin
- Nails are thickened as well as brittle and broken
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface.
- As the infection worsens the nail surface becomes soft and powdery
- Damaged, crumbly, and brown or grey nail surface (with no separation of the nail from the underlying skin)